QA automation with Java
Job title: QA automation with Java
Type: employment contract
Java, Selenium Webdriver, Junit,
Cucumber, Serenity, Postman, BurpSuite
Welcome package that you will feel like being part of the team.
Tailored career development plan.
Flexible working schedule
Our client is one of the world’s leading web hosting and internet service providers, serving both private and commercial users.
The products our client is developing enable large online marketing campaigns and leverage the big number of users interacting with the platform, by collecting qualified leads, offering incentive mechanisms and sponsor switching mechanism.
Central to this business are the web portals. Making them available to customers and building secure flows that lead to or from the portals requires a holistic approach to software development and means that Leads and Content team business covers the whole range of topics from CMS related work, to web services, caching, DBs and all the communication flow that happens in-between.
A fundamental pillar in the current work is building a continuous integration and delivery pipelines.
Plan, design, develop, execute and report different types of tests for our web-based products as well as infrastructure;
Investigate, report, document and check bugs resulting from testing process;
Design functional regression tests for new system releases;
Test the application from a security point of view;
Work with partners both in the close team and in a distributed team in Germany;
Develop, extend and maintain an automation test stack (Java-based automation framework);
Contribute to the department Continuous Delivery Strategy from the QA perspective;
Conduct feature demos and presentations for product stakeholders.
You should be comfortable with the following technical background:
• QA discipline and its variations (functional and non-functional testing, smoke, acceptance, performance, stress testing)
• QA process pillars: designing test cases, writing, maintaining and evolving automated tests, executing manual tests, reporting bugs, assessing criticality, following-up on fixes and giving opinions on candidate production releases;
• Usability and accessibility testing;
• Testing web portals;
• Strong knowledge of browser debug tools;
• Basic infrastructure concepts, load balancing, logs investigation, monitoring;
• Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS;
• Java 8 and related technologies;
• Relational Databases, SQL;
• Automated test frameworks and tooling: Selenium Webdriver, Cucumber, Serenity, Junit, JBehave, Jmeter, Postman, BurpSuite or other frameworks that enable the same result.
You should have a predilection towards:
• Designing and understanding development and testing processes
• Understanding release lifecycle and all its supporting tools and technologies: Maven, Git, Branching Models, Rundeck, GitLab runners.
• Adhering to the DevOps methodology and cultural aspects;
• Testing RESTful Web Services (especially REST APIs);
• The Spring framework;
• Microservice oriented architecture.
You should be comfortable with the following work organization patterns:
• Have very good command of English language (both written and spoken);
• See yourself as an application QA and automation engineer as well as a platform QA with all the implied care for the continuous delivery pipeline;
• Work on projects in a distributed team;
• Interact daily with all the roles of a project team (developers, QAs, operation engineers, product owners);
• Have a proactive approach towards your work and processes;
• Adapt and adjust to change.
Nice to have
Experience working with a CMS;
Security testing knowledge (BurpSuite or equivalent tools).
If you meet the minimum requirements and are interested in applying for this position, please send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org with “QA Automation with Java”, in the subject line.